Effective December 11th, 2011
What information does Kimbodo collect about me?
When you register online to use the Kimbodo Online Business and Marketing platform, create an Kimbodo User ID, or contact Kimbodo for support or other platform offerings, Kimbodo collects certain information that identifies you. This may include your name, company name, email address, or payment information. Kimbodo may also collect other information that does not personally identify you, such as your professional title or industry. Some of this information is required while other information is optional. In order to keep our databases up to date and to provide customers the most relevant content, we may combine information from you with information from public sources and our partners, in accordance with applicable law. As an example, from these sources, we may learn the organization’s size and industry of our customers.
Kimbodo’s platform and applications
Kimbodo collects information on how you use our platform and applications, including when you use a feature that takes you online (ie browser). Kimbodo may collect information that your browser or device sends to our servers whenever you visit a Kimbodo related website, or when a Kimbodo desktop product feature brings you online. For example, your browser may tell Kimbodo your IP address (which may tell us your general location) and the type of browser and device you used. When you visit a Kimbodo website, your browser may also tell us information such as the page that led you to our website and, if applicable, the search terms you typed into a search engine that led you to our website. Kimbodo may collect data regarding how you use our various sites and applications by leveraging cookies and similar technologies, and may collect similar information when you are logged in to the Kimbodo website, platform or application. Depending on the website, platform or application, this information may be anonymous or it may be related to you.
Kimbodo platform activation and updates
When you activate your Kimbodo ID and account, we ascertain certain information about your device, the Kimbodo product, and your product identification/serial number. Some of our platform offerings include features that connect to our servers and give you the ability to install updates/patches to the product. We may keep track of data, such as whether the update was successful installed/downloaded or not.
Email responses we send to you may include a web beacon that informs Kimbodo whether you have received, interacted with or opened an email, or clicked a link included within the email. If you do not want us to aggregate this information from Kimbodo emails, you can opt out of receiving Kimbodo marketing emails.
Kimbodo advertises online in a multitude of ways, including displaying Kimbodo ads to you across the Internet on websites, platforms and in applications. We gather information about which ads are displayed, which ads are clicked on, and on which web page the ad was displayed on. Learn more about Kimbodo’s advertising practices.
Buttons, tools, and content from other companies
Kimbodo social networking pages and social single sign-on services
Kimbodo has its own pages on other social networking sites (for example, the Kimbodo team’s Facebook page or Twitter account). You may also be able to sign-in to the Kimbodo platform or application using a social networking account, such as a Twitter account ID and password. We may collect information when you interact with our social networking pages or use these social sign-on features. Learn more about Kimbodo’s social networking practices.
How does Kimbodo use the information it collects about users?
Kimbodo leverages the information we collect in a number of ways, such as:
What information is collected when companies use online services hosted by Kimbodo?
- Providing you with the Kimbodo applications for which you have properly registered, as well as any services, support, or information you have asked for or requested
- Better understanding how our websites, platform and applications are being used so we can improve them
- Diagnosing issues/problems in our platform and applications
- Customizing a website, application, or Kimbodo marketing initiative to your likely interests
- Sending users’ messages such as those related to payments, subscriptions or expiration of your subscription
- Sending you information about Kimbodo, new platform releases, special offers, and related information
- Conducting intuitive market research about customers/clients/partners, their interests, and the effectiveness of our marketing efforts
- Reducing fraud, software piracy, and protecting our customers - as well as Kimbodo
- As further described for a specific Kimbodo website, platform or application
Kimbodo offers “hosted services” to many different organizations. This means that data is gathered and stored on Kimbodo servers for use by other companies. In these situations, your relationship is typically only with that company.
What are cookies and how does Kimbodo use them?
Does Kimbodo share my personal information?
Kimbodo works with organizations that help us run our business. These companies provide ancillary services such as customer support, payment processing, and handling emails on our behalf. In these instances, these companies may have access to some personal information in order to offer custom services to you on our behalf. They are not allowed to leverage your information for their own business purposes.
Kimbodo may also share your personal information:
- When you agree to the sharing.
- With our resellers and other partners, if you are a customer and agreed to receive Kimbodo marketing emails. Please note that we do not share personally identifiable information (PII) about clients/customers with third parties for their own internal marketing endeavors unless the client agreed to that sharing.
- When we are legally forced to provide information in response to a subpoena, court order, or other applicable law or legal process.
- When we possess a ‘good faith belief’ that the disclosure is mandatory in order to prevent or respond to fraud, defend our platform or applications against various attacks, or safeguard the integrity and safety of Kimbodo, our clients and users, or the general public.
- If we join with or are acquired by another entity; we sell the Kimbodo or the platform, application, or business unit, or all/substantial portion of our business assets are acquired by another company. In those situations your information will likely be disseminated.
Kimbodo may share or publish information that doesn’t specifically identify you, such as statistical data about visitors to our platform or statistical data on how clients/customers use our platform and hosted services.
Is my personal information displayed anywhere on Kimbodo’s websites or applications?
Is my personal information secure?
Kimbodo acutely understands that the integrity of your personal information is vital. We provide reasonable administrative, technical, and physical security instances to protect your personal information. However, despite our best efforts, no security measures are 100% effective, and Kimbodo cannot ensure or protect the security of your personal information.
Where does Kimbodo store my personal information?
Your personal information and data are stored on Kimbodo’s private servers and the servers of companies we hire to provide services to us. Your personal information may be transferred across state, national and international borders because we have servers located worldwide, and the organizations we contract to help us run our business are located in various countries around the world. Please also see Kimbodo’s Safe Harbor policy.
How can I review, update, or delete my personal information?
Many of our websites, platforms and applications permit you to change your personal information by going to the "my account," "my profile," or similar feature of the website, platform or application you are using.
If you want to delete your Kimbodo ID or user account, please send your request to privacy@Kimbodo.com. Please note that we need to keep certain records for legal or internal business reasons, and some of your information may remain on our backup systems, in accordance with applicable law.
We will retain your personal information for as long as necessary to serve you with the websites, platforms and applications you are able to access with your Kimbodo ID, or as needed to comply with our legal obligations or enforce our legal agreements.
Will Kimbodo market to me?
Kimbodo, and our acquired companies/partners, and companies we contract to help us advertise our websites and applications on our behalf may leverage your personal information to provide you with details and offers related to Kimbodo. We give you choices regarding our marketing/advertising practices.
Does Kimbodo participate in any privacy programs?
Kimbodo submits to the European Union, Swiss and United States’ Safe Harbor Privacy Program
(see Kimbodo’s Safe Harbor policy).
Who can I contact with questions or concerns?
If you have a privacy question, comment or complaint, please email us at privacy@Kimbodo.com. In addition, please refer above regarding questions or complaints related to Kimbodo websites that have been awarded the TRUSTe Privacy Seal.